Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something new

I had to take a day to sort my thoughts...I had so many. They were going in all directions and some of them were negative. You wouldn't believe how many messages I received in the shows I watched, what I read, what I received in the mail. When you're open and searching, the answers can be found.

So it's this - live the life you want to live now. Sure, we all have obligations, but we can do small things to make our lives more interesting. I am going to try a martini. I really don't drink alcohol but my dad drank martinis and I'm thinking, Hey, if not now, when? Do I want a gin martini or a vodka martini? I may have to try both! The point is...what have I been waiting for? I don't really want a martini; I just want the experience of having tried the martini.

I've been living like I will do that when I'm...what? Older? Well, I'm older now, baby! I am definitely a grown-up and can do what I choose to do. So, what do I choose to do? I'm making a list of things I want to do in the next 5 years, 10 years. Perhaps I'll set some closer goals - in the next month, 6 months, year. I'm getting excited about the possibilities. Because once I know what my goals are, I can achieve them. I'm figuring out my goals and going for it. Face the fear!

No comments: